Request A Grooming Appointment Online
Want to book an appointment quickly and easily? You can do so by submitting some basic information right here! We will need you to fill out the Covid-19 Declaration below as well; completing BOTH forms is a very important step before we can arrange an appointment.
Please note that each single appointment slot of 2 hours is an average start to finish time based on the most popular service of grooming for 2 guinea pigs. Times are therefore going to be variable:
* If you are bringing pigs for a short appointment (basic groom without bathing) you can expect the appointment to last anywhere between 10 and 20 minutes.
* If you have more than 2 guinea pigs for grooming, we will give an estimation of the length of time it will take based on the information you provide in this booking request.
* If you would like to book a mobile groom, where we come to you, choose the time slot that is best suited to you and remember there are limitations in terms of how far we can travel, and we can only carry out a basic groom (though we are working to extend to full grooms once the threat from the Covid pandemic has passed).
About Your Pigs & Appointment
Covid-19 Policy & Declaration
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THEN SIGN & DATE BELOW:
IF COLLECTING OR DROPPING OFF YOUR PIGS FROM TINY PAWS PREMISES:
According to social distancing rules and government guidelines at the time of my appointment, I understand that it may not be possible to enter the premises of Tiny Paws Pet Services (managed by Laura de Stefano). Entry to the Tiny Paws premises is based on current government advice along with other factors and Tiny Paws retains the right to ask you to stay outside or to leave the premises.
If delivering my guinea pig(s) to the premises I will follow the instructions given to:
1. Please use disposable bedding in the carrier e.g. newspaper, hay, substrate. Please try to leave out fleece or towels.
2. Ring the doorbell or knock on the door to announce my arrival.
3. Place the carrier(s) containing my pets on the mat placed outside the door – permissable exceptions include if the weather is very cold, windy or raining.
4. Walk away from the front door of the premises and stand at least 1-2m away.
The door will be opened by Laura who will pick my pets up in their carrier(s) and take them indoors, where they will be placed immediately into fully disinfected enclosures (cages if boarding, pens if being groomed). Bedding will be removed from the carrier and disposed of, and the carrier disinfected by spraying liberally with Virkon-S disinfectant.
If entering the premises for any reason, I will follow the strict rules outlined below to minimise the risk whilst indoors:
- Wear a face covering; if exempt, then a face shield is acceptable.
- Sanitise hands with the alcohol gel provided on entry.
- Wear the provided shoe covers if offered them.
- Do not touch anything that is not yours, unless invited to do so.
- Try to maintain a minimum 1 metre distance at all times.
Laura will text to inform me when my guinea pig(s) are ready to collect. If collecting boarding pigs we will agree a collection window either on or prior to collection day. If collecting grooming pigs, I realise I must not turn up unannounced: it is necessary to await confirmation that my pet(s) are ready.
On arrival my guinea pigs will be ready to go: Laura will have filled my carrier with clean disposable bedding and disinfected the handle. My guinea pig(s) will be in their carrier. Any accessories or food provided will have been cleaned.
Upon arrival at my property, Laura will ring the doorbell/knock on my door, then step back at least 2 metres. I will place my guinea pig(s) in their carrier either on my doorstep or just inside the threshold, or at a suitable distance if outdoors in a secure area (e.g. garden), then move back at least 2 metres myself. Laura will then come and pick up the carrier and either groom my pet(s) as required in a secure outdoor space, or return to the car to carry out grooming if it is deemed safer.
Alternatively, if there is adequate space in my home, Laura will observe all necessary precautions (as detailed above for visitors to Tiny Paws premises) to limit any potential transmission risk and will remove and replace the guineas directly from their cage/hutch, if the 1-2m minimum social distancing can be maintained.
Laura will be wearing a disposable apron and a face shield or face covering for the duration of the appointment, and will use hand sanitiser before and after handling the pigs or any material object, regardless of the location of the groom.
When mobile grooming is complete, my pets will then be returned to me and placed back in their carrier/cage.
I have read and understood the measures outlined above, and accept that they are important to maximise the safety of myself, my pets, and Laura de Stefano of Tiny Paws Pet Services.
I understand they are non-negotiable and may be subject to change without notice.
I declare that I am currently showing no symptoms of Covid-19, nor have I tested positive for the virus in the last 14 days. To the best of my knowledge I have not been in close contact with anyone who has, or has recently had, Covid-19 and I have not been contacted by the government’s Test & Trace system.
If there is any chance I may have contracted coronavirus whilst away on holiday, been to a Covid-19 hotspot, or if I develop symptoms of concern at any point, I understand I must inform Tiny Paws Pet Services of this immediately and all efforts will be undertaken to find a workable solution. Similarly, Laura will notify me immediately if there is any potential risk posed by herself at any time and make alternative arrangements.
To limit asymptomatic transmission of the virus, it is requested that immediately prior to leaving your house, you disinfect your guinea pigs’ travel carrier and any accessories both internally and externally with a pet-safe disinfectant solution such as Virkon, F10 or similar.
Guidance updated: 28 October 2020
You’re all done! We will be in touch via text to discuss and arrange your appointment. Thank you very much for choosing Tiny Paws!