GUINEA PIGS NEED GROOMING TOO!
Hate nail clipping?
No idea about grease glands?
No idea if or how to go about bathing your guinea pigs?
Or do you have a long-haired guinea pig who’s in a bit of a tangle?
I am the answer to all of your guinea pig grooming related prayers! I am experienced in every aspect of grooming with a wide variety of breeds of guinea pig – smooth, long, backwards, rough, wiry, rexoid, frizzy, crimped – and have tackled characters ranging from extremely laid-back to very highly-strung.
WHY OFFER A GROOMING SERVICE?
It’s very normal and very common to feel daunted at the prospect of regularly trimming nails, bathing, cleaning grease glands, ears and ‘boys bits’, and cutting the hair of any long-haired piggies. Especially if those piggies are new, young, a little bit on the senior side, have chronic health concerns, have gotten a little bit out-of-control – or if you just don’t feel confident in going through the process with them. And having at one point had 17 of my own to look after all at once, I know that the number of piggies on your list can be exhausting just to think about, let alone manage – so if it’s just a helping hand you need to ease the workload, I’m more than happy to help in this way too!
I offer a top-to-toe grooming service on a drop-off-pick-up (or collection-drop-off) basis. All of my boarding guineas get a full complimentary groom during their stay, including nail trimming and any hair and skin treatments, as standard. Many of my clients are repeat visitors, coming back to have every grooming need tended to.
Most visit on average every 2 months; I advise bringing them every 2 months for long-haired piggies and any pigs of advancing age, or with chronic or monitored health concerns. I recommend every 3 months minimum for short-haired breeds – if only to deal with nails, foot spurs, ears, grease glands, and Boys Bits.
Included in a full groom (“Short Full” or “Long Full”) is:
- Brush/comb through
- Hair trimming/cutting to provide a functional haircut according to the season (“Long Full” only)
- Grease gland de-grease using Swarfega
- “Boys Bits”™ clean – penis and anal sac clean to remove smegma and calcium buildup and any hairs, hay or debris and faecal impaction clearing
- Ear cleaning (drops and gentle swipe with cotton buds to visible folds only, to remove excessive wax)
- Bath (and skin-conditioning Melt, if needed) using Gorgeous Guineas specialist conditioning guinea pig shampoo
- Blowdry with hairdryer (avoided during warmer months in favour of natural drying) and/or a fan heater on an appropriate setting in a pen indoors
- Photos/videos taken before, during and after their groom (if pig is amenable) and in between chowing down on Oxbow hay!
CAN YOU COME AND GROOM MY GUINEA PIGS AT MY HOME?
Yes, I can offer a basic grooming package in your own home. For practical reasons I am unable to carry out bathing, grease-gland cleaning or haircuts at your home; these can only be provided on-site at Tiny Paws.
For me to come to you, the flat rate is £5 to cover my extra time and expenses, plus the standard price for the “Top To Bottom” service.
* TOP TO BOTTOM – £7.50 first guinea pig, £3 per extra pig
Nail trim, foot spur removal, ear clean, Boys Bits’ check/clean, basic health check
Alternatively, I can come and collect your guinea pigs and drop them off for you after their groom for an extra £5.
As a rough guide I can offer a collection/drop-off/mobile service to:
Huntingdon, Hartford, Oxmoor, Godmanchester, Brampton, Hinchingbrooke, the Stukeleys, Buckden, the Offords, RAF Wyton, Houghton & Wyton, St Ives, Old Hurst, Warboys, Bury and Ramsey.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST & HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
Please take a look at the Pricing page for the full price list.
I need on average 1 hour per guinea pig for a full groom, as I need to ensure the guinea pigs are dry when they leave the premises, particularly through the winter months.
However some guinea pigs may take more time, some less – and depending on exactly which services you require, it may take as little as ten minutes or as long as two hours. You will be informed of the estimated duration when dropping your pigs off.
For insurance purposes I can’t allow you to stay on the premises beyond dropping off and collecting your pets; however you are of course welcome to make an appointment to view the set-up and ask any questions.
DO YOU HAVE ANY BEFORE/AFTER EXAMPLES?
Of course! I’ve been doing this professionally for two years now and I’ve built up a good collection of before and afters of every colour and length of nail, and several different breeds of pig. No challenge is too big or small!
no images were found
BOOK US IN, BOOK US IN!
- text, WhatsApp or leave a voicemail message for Laura on 07791 347843,
- email [email protected] or through our Contact page,
- message us on Facebook or Instagram!
Page last updated: 2nd February 2021