GUINEA PIGS NEED GROOMING TOO!
Hate nail clipping?
No idea how to go about bathing your guinea pigs?
Or do you even have a long-haired guinea pig who’s in a bit of a tangle?
I am the answer to all your guinea pig grooming related prayers! I am experienced in every aspect of grooming with almost all breeds of guinea pig – smooth, long, backwards, rough, wiry, rexoid, frizzy, crimped – and have tackled characters ranging from extremely laid-back to very highly-strung.
WHY OFFER A GROOMING SERVICE?
It’s very normal and very common to feel daunted at the prospect of regularly trimming nails, bathing, cleaning grease glands, ears and ‘boys bits’, and cutting the hair of any long-haired piggies. Especially if those piggies are new, a little bit on the senior side, have chronic health concerns or if you just don’t feel comfortable going through the process with them. Having had 17 of my own at one particular time, I know that the number of piggies on your list can be exhausting just to think about as well, so if it’s just a helping hand you need to ease the workload, I’m more than happy to help in this way too!
I offer a top-to-toe grooming service on a drop-off-pick-up basis. Most of my customers are repeat visitors, coming back to have every grooming need tended to every 6-8 weeks.
Included in the WASH & DRY (or CUT, WASH & DRY for long-hairs) service is:
- Brush/comb through
- Hair trimming/cutting to provide a functional haircut according to the season
- Grease gland de-grease
- ‘Boys bits’ clean – penis and anal sac light clean to remove calcium buildup and any hairs, hay or debris
- Ear cleaning (drops and gentle swipe with cotton buds to visible folds only, to remove waxy buildups)
- Bath in anti-parasitic and anti-fungal shampoo, finishing with conditioner
- Blowdry with hairdryer to ensure they are not damp when travelling home
- Photos where possible, taken in between their chowing down on Readigrass and Oxbow hay!
Nail clipping is provided as an extra service and may be carried out on its own, or as part of a full grooming deal.
*NEW* CAN YOU COME AND GROOM MY GUINEA PIGS AT MY HOME? *NEW*
Yes, I can offer a basic grooming and health check package in your own home, which includes nail clipping, boys bits clean, grease gland, ears and a basic health check all for £15 per guinea pig or £25 per pair, including my travel and time costs.
Alternatively, I can come and collect your guinea pigs and drop them off for you after their groom for an extra £5.
As a rough guide, for mobile and collection/drop-off services, I can cover the following areas:
Huntingdon, Hartford, Godmanchester, Brampton, Hinchingbrooke, the Stukeleys, Kings Ripton, Hemingford Grey, Houghton & Wyton and St Ives.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST & HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
Please take a look at the Pricing page for the full price list.
I need on average one hour per guinea pig for the full cut, bath and blowdry, as I need to ensure the guinea pigs are fully dry when they leave the premises, particularly through the winter months. However some guinea pigs may take more time, some less – and depending on exactly which services you require, it may even take as little as five minutes! For insurance purposes I can’t allow you to stay on the premises beyond dropping off and collecting your pets; however you are of course welcome to view the set-up and ask any questions.
BOOK US IN, BOOK US IN!
- book in via the Online Booking system,
- text, WhatsApp or leave a voicemail message for Laura on 07791 347843,
- email [email protected] or through our Contact page,
- message us on Facebook or Instagram!