HOLIDAY BOARDING FOR GUINEA PIGS
* C&C cages (cubes and correx)
* One 2×6 cage for up to 4 guinea pigs, plus four 2×3 cages for up to 2 guinea pigs each
* Water bottles, food bowls and bedding are all supplied
* All food supplied
* Air-cooled/centrally heated room in the heart of a quiet adult-only household, where the only other animals are my own 3 guinea pigs!
Our boarding prices (public, non-member) are:
1 single: £6 per night (Member: £4 /night)
1 pair (2 sharing): £10 per night (Member: £7 /night)
Trio (3 sharing): £13 per night (Member: £8.50 /night)
4 or more sharing: £15 per night (Member: £10 /night)
If you have multiple guinea pigs not sharing a cage, each separate cage/grouping required will be costed as a separate booking, as many of our costs incurred come as a result of the cage spaces themselves being occupied and requiring materials and attention.
If you are looking to book your pets in to be boarded at short notice – in the next 48 hours – we reserve the right to request a £5 surcharge to accommodate any changes necessary to our prior plans and setup.
THE BREAKDOWN OF OUR BOARDING COSTS
The reason we charge a little above the average cost of boarding for guinea pigs (and it is only marginally higher) is due to the high standard of care, level of expertise, and devotion specifically to one species only. We aren’t running another organisation on the side – not that there is anything wrong with that! – and we don’t look after any other species. This is exclusively we do: for us, it isn’t an extra service or an initiative, it is what we dedicate ourselves to. Grooming and boarding guinea pigs…we keep it simple, so we personally can offer you what we expect to be offered ourselves.
Due to limited spaces being available – as the piggies are staying in the heart of our home – the quality of care and degree of attention given to your guineas is by its very nature greater than that which might be offered by other facilities who usually also board other species of animal and have a much higher turnover. At Tiny Paws, it’s intimate, it’s personal, it’s very much a family feel but with the essential professional edge. Every pig is treated as our own, and every owner walks away saying they “can relax and have full peace of mind knowing their babies are safe and loved”* with us. And we believe that’s worth paying just that little bit extra for.
*direct quote from a regular client
If you’re still not sure, here is a breakdown of exactly what you get for your money:
– indoor housing year-round (climate and temperature control – central heating in winter, air-cooling in summer);
– C&C cage meeting the minimum size standards with anti-chew edging and each cage with its own safe LED lighting;
– hybrid bedding setup comprising both fleece and oodles of hay atop a newspaper, Aubiose and wood pellet base;
– cage cleaned of all loose debris and droppings daily, full cage cleans every 5 days or as needed;
– suitable toys for comfort and enrichment;
– unlimited quantities of the best quality Oxbow Orchard Grass hay, Orchard Grass from TimothyHay.co.uk, plus Pure Grass, Graze On or Readigrass;
– fresh vegetables daily (small amounts, high quality, fed in tidbits throughout the day to protect their grazing-oriented digestive systems);
– selection of nugget feeds, stocked up on multiple brands (plain pellet feeds only, no muesli);
– nail clipping included as standard, along with hygiene haircuts for long-haired breeds;
– full basic health and weight check;
– text, photo and video updates sent to you (via WhatsApp or Messenger);
– access to a secure lawn in appropriate weather, if the guinea pigs are used to being put to lawn;
– professional photo shoot where weather, lighting and piggy behaviour permits!
As stated, all food including hay, dry food and fresh veg is included in the price. You are however welcome to provide your pigs’ own dry food and treats.
We recommend bringing any of your guinea pigs favourite toys with them, to help make them feel at home here, though we do have plenty of hideys, tunnels, soft toys and of course hay to keep them entertained!
As a rough guide I can offer a collection/drop-off service to:
Huntingdon, Hartford, Oxmoor, Godmanchester, Brampton, Hinchingbrooke, the Stukeleys, Alconburys, Buckden, the Offords, St Neots, RAF Wyton, Kings Ripton, Houghton & Wyton, St Ives, Needingworth, Old Hurst, Warboys, Somersham, Bluntisham, Bury and Ramsey.
Mobile Services: For at-home holiday cover, I can serve:
Huntingdon, Hartford, Oxmoor, Godmanchester, the Stukeleys, Brampton, Hinchingbrooke, RAF Wyton, Houghton & Wyton and St Ives.
If you require holiday cover and I cannot fit your piggies in here, for example if I’m fully booked or if you have more piggies than I can cater for here, then I am able to offer a daily drop-in service. Although not my preferred method of holiday cover, as I cannot monitor the piggies frequently throughout the day and night (important in hot weather), it is adequate for the majority of owners who just want someone to pop in for 20 minutes a day to feed, clean and make sure their pets are alive, healthy and happy!
At the moment for holiday cover in your home, if you are within 5 miles of Huntingdon, the cost starts at £7 per day, or £5 per day for members. This may be subject to increase if lots of cages/hutches need cleaning while you are away, or if you require additional time e.g. supervising time on the lawn for an hour each day. Please contact me direct for a full quote.
Please note that until the pandemic has officially ceased, it may not always be possible to permit access to visitors wishing to view the premises. A virtual tour will be made available shortly. Please view our Covid-19 Policy for details.
As the business operates in my private home, I also reserve the right to refuse access to the premises on weekends (and at any other time) to protect mine and my husband’s rights to privacy in our own home.
Page last updated: 18 September 2021