Membership to Tiny Paws is optional. Anyone is welcome to use our services and to seek advice from Laura. However, access to Laura’s considerable expertise can be made more quickly, easily and closely available at the small fee of £20 per year, no matter how many guinea pigs you have.
This permits the member to:
* Access to the Tiny Paws Telephone Helpline
* Pre-vet-visit health checks/phone consult
* A short 1-2-1 session on how to syringe-feed or to administer medication
* Discounted Day Care fees
* Discounted Holiday Boarding fees
* Free downloadable information sheets and Tiny Paws Guinea Pig Care Leaflets
* One FREE package deal in December
* One FREE seasonal photo-shoot with all photos supplied digitally within 24hrs (Easter, Christmas, even birthdays!)
* Birthday & Christmas cards for your small furry family
* Exclusive email newsletters
* Reminder texts for treatments due and for upcoming appointments.
Tiny Paws Telephone Helpline
Whilst able to help with some care and health issues, there is a definite benefit to being able to speak to someone who knows a) what your guinea pig is going through, and b) what you are going through as an owner – whether an experienced or inexperienced owner.
Access to the Helpline ensures you get a reply to your telephone call. Many of you may know by now that incoming calls to the Tiny Paws number are not accepted. This will be lifted for members – meaning immediate advice or even an urgent appointment, if that’s what is needed. If I am awake and free, I will answer – that is generally any time between 10am and midnight however it may vary day to day. Calls will always be returned quickly if they are missed, or if it’s too late to telephone back, I will get in touch via text to establish how I can help and how urgently the matter needs to be dealt with.
The Helpline is open to almost anything related to guinea pigs. Whilst I specialise in health care, I do have considerable experience in advising on feeding, social, housing, bedding, enrichment, and reliable sources of further information.
The pre-vet-visit health checks/phone consults are available if you are concerned about the health of your pig, but unsure what to do or how urgent the problem is. Laura can advise you on the potential problem, how urgent the problem is, and in many cases even the most experienced vet to see.
Please note however that if your pig is unwell, professional veterinary advice MUST be sought.
The service offered here is complementary to aid the owner in what to expect, causes, prevention and possible treatments and outcomes.
If Laura considers the pig to be in critical condition even before seeing them, then the recommendation of going straight to a vet will be given.