HOLIDAY BOARDING FOR GUINEA PIGS
* Three 2×3 cages for 1-2 guinea pigs each.
Our boarding prices (public, non-member) are:
1 single: £6 per day (Member: £4 /day)
1 pair (2 sharing): £10 per day (Member: £7 /day)
Trio (3 sharing): £13 per day (Member: £8.50 /day)
4 or more sharing: £15 per day (Member: £10 /day)
If you are looking to book your pets in to be boarded at short notice (in the next 5 days or fewer) we require a £5 surcharge to accommodate any changes necessary to our prior plans and setup.
If you have multiple guinea pigs NOT sharing a cage, each separate cage/grouping required will be costed as a separate booking, as many of our costs incurred come as a result of the cage spaces themselves being occupied and requiring materials and attention.
THE BREAKDOWN OF OUR BOARDING COSTS
The reason we charge marginally above the average cost of boarding for guinea pigs (and it is only marginally higher) is due to the high standard of care, level of expertise, and devotion specifically to one species only. We aren’t running a rescue or having to manage another organisation on the side – not that there is anything wrong with that! This is just what we do: for us, it isn’t an extra service or an initiative, it is what we dedicate ourselves to. Grooming and boarding guinea pigs…keeping it simple so we personally can offer you what we expect to be offered ourselves.
Due to limited spaces being available – as the piggies are staying in the heart of our home – the quality of care and degree of attention given to your guineas is by its very nature greater than that which might be offered by other facilities who usually also board other species of animal and have a much higher turnover. At Tiny Paws, it’s intimate, it’s personal, it’s very much a family feel but with the essential professional edge. Every pig is treated as our own, and every owner walks away saying they “can relax and have full peace of mind knowing their babies are safe and loved”* with us. And we believe that’s worth paying just that little bit extra for.
*actual quote from a regular client
If you’re still not sure, here is a breakdown of exactly what you get for your money:
– indoor housing year-round (climate control) in a suitably sized C&C cage with anti-chew edging;
– bedding on fleece, which is dry and hygienic and suited to all guinea pigs of all ages and health backgrounds;
– cage cleaned of all loose debris and droppings daily, and full cage cleans every 5 days or as needed;
– suitable toys for comfort and enrichment;
– unlimited quantities of the best quality Oxbow Orchard Grass hay, Just Grass, and Graze On or Readigrass;
– fresh vegetables daily (small amounts of a small but high-quality variety);
– basic groom for each guinea pig – nail clipping, Boys Bits, grease glands, ear cleaning and bath;
– full basic health check with written report and weight check;
– text, photo and video updates sent to you;
– access to a secure lawn in appropriate weather, if the guinea pigs are used to being put to lawn.
Dry food is provided, however we recommend bringing your pigs’ own dry food along with you. We also recommend bringing any of your guinea pigs favourite toys with them, to help make them feel at home here, though we do have plenty of hideys and soft toys to keep them entertained!
As a rough guide I can offer a collection/drop-off service to:
Huntingdon, Hartford, Oxmoor, Godmanchester, Brampton, Hinchingbrooke, the Stukeleys, Buckden, the Offords, RAF Wyton, Houghton & Wyton, St Ives, Warboys, and Ramsey.
Mobile Services: For holiday cover in your home, prices start from £7 per day; please contact me directly for a quote.
For at-home holiday cover, I can serve:
Huntingdon, Hartford, Oxmoor, Godmanchester, Brampton, Hinchingbrooke, RAF Wyton, Houghton & Wyton.